The SLRC Competitive Youth Rowing Program is made up of boys and girls from the Greater St. Louis area. The goals of the program are to:
- Provide a competitive, fun, and safe rowing opportunity for St. Louis area youth ages 13-18.
- Foster a life-long interest in rowing with those who participate.
- Participate and place in high-caliber regional and national rowing events, such as the Midwest Junior Championships and Youth Nationals.
Rowing is a year-round sport consisting of Fall, Spring and Summer seasons. Year-round participation is encouraged. Summer youth learn-to-row camps are offered for youth wishing to start as early as age 11.
**COMING IN LATE FEBRUARY 2019!**
Tryouts for SLRC’s Competitive Youth Novice Teams
No Experience Necessary!
Lots of College Recruiting Opportunities!
- Introductory Meeting / Practice: Typically on Sunday in late February from 2:00-4:00pm and immediately preceding tryouts. Parents welcome!
- Tryouts: Typically start on a Monday in late February and continue for two weeks through the second Saturday. Tryout/Practice schedule is Monday through Friday 4:00-6:00pm and Saturday 10:00am-12:00pm. The minimum attendance required is at least 4 practices/week.
- Note: If you were unable to attend the Introductory Meeting/Practice on Sunday, please come to the start of tryouts on Monday or Tuesday.
- Both the Introductory Meeting/Practice and tryouts will be held at the SLRC boathouse at Creve Coeur Lake…13777 Marine Avenue, Maryland Heights, MO 63043.
- Boys and Girls ages 13-17 are invited to tryout for our Competitive Novice teams. No experience needed! Parents are welcome to attend the Introductory Meeting / Practice.
- The two-week tryouts are FREE!
- If selected and invited to join our Competitive Youth Program, membership dues the for applicable season apply and are available HERE.
- Please contact Head Coach Tim Franck at 314-489-2017 or email@example.com.
“BOATS OF OPPORTUNITY”: Be sure to watch this wonderful piece on the SLRC Juniors. It will air this September as part of HEC-TV’s “Behind the Minds” series.
For more Information:
Contact Head Coach Tim Franck at 314-489-2017 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit our Parent Information page for more details about our Competitive Youth rowing program.