Attention Boys and Girls Ages 13-16: Tryout for our Competitive Novice team!
No Experience Needed! Lots of College Recruiting Opportunities!
Introductory Practice/Meeting: SUNDAY, Feb. 23, 2-4PM at our Creve Coeur Lake boathouse. Rain or Shine!
- You will meet our coaches and get basic info about the sport/team and how it all works.
- Learn how to handle the boats and oars.
- Start learning the proper rowing technique on our rowing machines.
- Wear clothes you can exercise in.
- Parents welcome!
2020 Spring Tryouts: No Experience Necessary!
- Tryouts start on Monday, Feb. 24th and run for 2 weeks (ending on Sat. March 7th).
- Standard Practice Schedule is Mon-Fri 4-6PM and Sat 12-2PM.
- Novices are required to attend a minimum of 4 practices each week.
- The 2 week tryouts are FREE! If you make the team and decide to join, there are club dues. Need-based financial aid is available.
NEXT SUMMER CAMPS WILL BE HELD IN JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST 2020!
YOUTH LEARN TO ROW SUMMER CAMPS
An introduction to the sport of rowing by the St. Louis Rowing Club for youth ages 10-17 (girls and boys). Each camp is comprised of 10 two-hour practices spread out over two weeks and are held in June, July and August. In the camp, participants will be introduced to:
Benefits of rowing • Building strength • Teamwork • Fitness • Correct rowing technique • Boathouse and facilities • Equipment used in rowing • Proper boat and equipment handling
Instruction begins with a brief history, tour and discussion of rowing terminology, technique, and safety. After learning the basics of the rowing stroke on an indoor rowing machine, weather allowing, participants will get hands-on experience in an eight person shell. Following lessons at the dock, they will push off and head out to open water. Lessons will then be focused on proper body position and movement, building boat speed, and working together as a crew. This is a unique opportunity to try the sport and make new friends.
Once participants have completed the Learn To Row camp, they will be better prepared to try out for the youth novice competitive team (ages 13-17). Try outs are held each fall in September and spring in late February.
For more information, call 314-434-8299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
**NEXT SUMMER CAMPS WILL BE HELD IN JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST 2020!**
Learn to Row: ● If you withdraw from LTR 10 days before the start date, you may receive a credit for another program or a refund less a $25 processing fee. ● If you withdraw from LTR less than 10 days before the start date, you may only receive a credit for another program. No refunds will be given. ● NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN ON OR AFTER THE START DATE OF THE PROGRAM.