Attention Boys and Girls Ages 13-16: Tryout for our Competitive Novice team!
No Experience Needed! Lots of College Recruiting Opportunities!
Introductory Practice/Meeting: SUNDAY, Feb. 23, 2-4PM at our Creve Coeur Lake boathouse. Rain or Shine!
- Boathouse address: 13777 Marine, 63043 (large, tan-colored building).
- You will meet our coaches and get basic info about the sport/team and how it all works.
- Learn how to handle the boats and oars.
- Start learning the proper rowing technique on our rowing machines.
- Wear clothes you can excercise in.
- Parents welcome!
2020 Spring Tryouts: No Experience Necessary!
- Tryouts start on Monday, Feb. 24th and run for 2 weeks (ending on Sat. March 7th).
- Standard Practice Schedule is Mon-Fri 4-6PM and Sat 12-2PM.
- Novices are required to attend a minimum of 4 practices each week.
- The 2 week tryouts are FREE! If you make the team and decide to join, there are club dues. Need-based financial aid is available.
Pre-registration is NOT a commitment to join the team, but simply a time-saver for both you and us!
Please pre-register HERE!
The SLRC Competitive Youth Rowing Program is made up of boys and girls from the Greater St. Louis area. The goals of the program are to:
- Provide a competitive, fun, and safe rowing opportunity for St. Louis area youth ages 13-18.
- Compete at a high level in regional and national rowing events, such as the Midwest Junior Championships and Youth Nationals.
- Foster a life-long interest in rowing with those who participate.
Rowing is a year-round sport consisting of fall, spring and summer seasons. Year-round participation is encouraged.
Fall Season: Held Late August through December for varsity team members and fall try-outs through December for novice rowers. Practices are held indoors and on-the-water through late November. Indoor (erg only) practices are held from late November until the holiday school break period.
Spring Season: Held from early January through May/June for varsity and returning novice team members. Indoor (erg only) practice sessions are held from early January through late February followed by practices indoors and on-the-water through late May or June (for members selected to compete at Junior Nationals). For new novice juniors joining in the spring, the season begins immediately following spring tryouts.
Summer Season: Held from June to early July (after Nationals). Both current varsity and experienced novice team members are eligible to participate this optional summer rowing program. This season typically concludes after a mid-summer regatta.
Tryouts for our youth competitive teams are held in both the fall and spring (typically late September and late February) and are two-week sessions offered to potential rowers and coxswains (ages 13-16). Tryouts are focused on evaluating potential rowers and coxswains for invitation to join the novice Juniors competitive team. The session includes instruction on basic technique. No experience is required. You can save time by pre-registering HERE!
Summer youth learn-to-row camps are for youth wishing to start as early as age 10 and are offered in June, July and August of each year. Summer camps are introductory two-week sessions designed to teach basic technique and rowing skills. While not a required prerequisite for novice Juniors tryouts, participation in these camps can help provide the experience and skills necessary for increased likelihood of success during tryouts. To register or for more information on our summer camps visit HERE.